CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Pages

Monday, December 3, 2012

Sisterly Love


Sisters are such an amazing thing!  There is such a strong bond between sisters.  I know that I am so lucky because I don't have just one sister, I have four.  These four girls are my best friends.  I feel like I have such a special relationship with each and every one of them... and each relationship is different.

My Sisters... Stephie, Becky, Me, Kaity-lynn, and Carrie
Becky - Age 31
Ellen (me) - Age 28
Kait - Age 22
Carrie - Age 15
Stephie - Age 13

Growing up in such a large family was difficult at times. {we have three brothers as well} If you had asked any of us when we were growing up, I doubt we would say that we were best friends.  In fact, Becky probably would have told you I was annoying and she hated when I tried to hang out with her.  I, of course, felt the same way about my younger sisters.  I think that is the law of sisters.  Your younger sisters are a pain in the ass  always bugging you, and your older sisters are your idols role models.  You don't realize how amazing that relationship is until you are older and are no longer living under the same roof.

I don't know what I would do without my sisters.  Anytime I have questions, I call my sisters.  They always have the best advice.  When I'm bored at home, sometimes I just go over to my parent's house to visit with my younger sisters.  I get sooo excited anytime my sisters come to town.  Just recently, all my sisters {and brothers} were in town for Thanksgiving.  It was so nice to be able to visit with all of them.  All the sisters and my mom went out shopping for Black Friday followed by a lunch together.  I'm a little sad that my older sister won't be in town for Christmas, but I understand that she's going to be spending time with her other family, I just hope she knows how much she will be missed.

I'm also lucky enough to have a sister-in-law, Sarah Jane, and a future sister-in-law, Britney, plus several other sister-in-laws on my husband's side.  They are all amazing!  Although I will probably never have as a close of a relationship with these lovely ladies as I do with my sisters, I hope that we become and stay great friends.

Okay... that's enough of this mushy stuff... just remember sisters, I love you all very much and you are my best friends!

{P.S.  I started this blog quite awhile ago and finally decided to finish it.  It probably isn't where I was originally going with this blog, but I still wanted to publish it so my sisters know how awesome they are.}

2 comments:

HeyBeckyJ
This comment has been removed by the author.
HeyBeckyJ

For the record, you were annoying! And thankfully, you grew out of that phase. ;)

Sisters are pretty awesome. I'm convinced it's because everyone else thinks you are exaggerating when you tell them how crazy your family is... Miss you!

Post a Comment