CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Pages

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Pregnancy Brain

We've all heard it... a woman gets pregnant and she loses her mind... along with many other things.

Yesterday, I drove myself to work, headed up the elevator, set my stuff on my desk and got to work... my usual routine.  I worked hard all day trying to finish up our budget (I'm a financial business analyst) and when the end of the day arrived, I was SO ready to head home.

Enter the problem.

I look at my desk, and my keys are not there!  What the heck happened to my keys?  I ask my coworkers and several came over to help me search my desk.  I looked in my cabinets, my drawers, under the desk, behind my computer, in the trash can... even in my Kleenex box!  I checked the bathroom, the receptionist desk, the kitchen, and the fridge... nothing.

Okay, definitely not in my office.  So I head down the elevator to the main lobby and asked the security guard if anyone turned in a set of keys... of course not!  Finally, I head out to my car to check there.  My car has a keypad on the door, so I unlocked the door and check in the car, around the car, under the seat, in the ignition... nothing!

Unfortunately, I had to call my husband and tell him that my keys were taken off my desk and I would need him to brink me my spare key so I could get home.  He was not too happy.  How does someone lose their keys at work?!  I tried to explain that I didn't lose my keys that someone must have taken them, but to no avail.  I headed home and sent a mass e-mail to the office with pleas for everyone to keep their eyes out for my keys.  Hopefully they'd turn up the next day.

Fast forward to this morning...

I get to work (with my spare key) and everyone is asking me if I've found my keys.  Of course I haven't!  Since the news of my pregnancy is still spreading around the office, only a few people knew about the pregnancy brain, but those few made sure to laugh at me for losing my keys and letting me know all pregnant women do it.  At this point, the whole office is looking for my keys.  Several times an hour, someone would stop by my desk and ask if I had checked ________.  Of course I had!  I was losing hope that they would ever turn up.

Around lunch time, I heard one of my coworkers heading to my desk and I turn around to see her purse in one hand and MY KEYS in her other hand!  She looks at me and asks me how the heck my keys ended up in her purse?! (almost with an accusatory tone, as if I had put them there).  Hello... that's what I'm wondering!

Well turns out, yesterday she stopped by my desk before she went to lunch because she had heard my pregnancy news and wanted to congratulate me.  She set her purse down on my desk as we talked, and when she went to leave, she grabbed her purse and the keys sitting next to it... mine... and headed to lunch. She didn't find them until she went searching in her purse today at lunch!

I immediately yelled "_____ stole my keys!"... lots of people had a good laugh and I sent out an e-mail to the office letting them know the were found.  I then texted a picture of my keys to my husband and explained the whole story to him.

I did not misplace my keys!  I was right all along... someone took them off my desk.

Moral of the story... just because a pregnant woman loses her keys does not mean she has pregnancy brain... at least not for that!

0 comments:

Post a Comment