CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Pages

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Lunch Date

Yesterday, I met up with a friend for lunch.  It was such a nice break in my day!  I've been working extra long hours at work recently {think 7:30am until 6:00pm with about fifteen minutes for lunch} and its exhausting!

She and I originally had plans to meet up for lunch a couple months ago, but our plans got cancelled {when she decided to give birth instead} and we didn't rescheduled.  So, the other day, I suggested we meet up for lunch.  She suggested Tuesday since she goes back to work later this week and we were all set!

She picked me up from work and we headed over to California Pizza Kitchen.  I haven't been there in quite some time, so I perused the menu for some good ideas.  Now, as I've already mention on the blog, I'm very picky.  Normally, I go into a restaurant and order the same thing as I did in the past. {here that would be the traditional cheese pizza} Yesterday, I branched out a little and ordered the meat cravers pizza on the honey wheat crust.  It was absolutely delicious and I ate almost the entire thing!


During lunch, my friend and I enjoyed some great conversation.  We talked about everything from work, to family, to babies {she had her little guy with her... he's a cutie}, to friends and everything in between.  It was so nice to finally catch up!

After about an hour, she drove me back to work. {I was a little late, but with all the long hours I've been working lately, I didn't feel too bad about it} We agreed we definitely need to get together again soon and headed our opposite directions.

I'm realizing that I need to have more little get togethers with friends like this.  In the past, I always meet up with friends for long periods of time {several hours at a time} but as we get older and our lives get busier, it just isn't as easy to get together.

I'm learning to appreciate these short little get togethers and look forward to more in the future!

2 comments:

David

I challenge you to get a pizza with 1 vegetable on it next time =)

Unknown

I totally agree with David. I love green peppers on pizza.

Post a Comment