CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Pages

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Secrets, Secrets Are So Fun...



Today, I am linking up with Lauren and Tiffany for their 10 Day Challenge.  Today's challenge (well actually, yesterday's challenge, but I'm behind) is about secrets.  Let's be honest, everyone's got them.  But there are also some secrets that should stay just that.  This is a mix of fun and serious secrets... now it's time to spill!

1.  My ten year high school reunion is coming up in October and there is a part of me that is dreading going.  I feel like I have to go and prove that I am doing great in life, as if I really need the approval of a bunch of girls that I went to school with for four years and haven't talked to in ten.  I'm happy with where I am.  I have a great job, an amazing hubby, and a promising future... and yet I'm worried I won't stack up to the rest of my class.

2.  I hate cleaning!  When people tell me they are coming over, I frantically clean shove everything in the closest hiding space.  The hubs and I are working on being better about cleaning... we even got out the vacuum this past weekend... and used it!

3.  I am terrified of falling.  I have no problems with heights.  I can stand on the top floor of a building and look out and have no problems... but put me on the top of a parking garage, and I freak out!  I can't get within ten feet of the edge without thinking that I'm going to fall to my death.

4.  I am horrible at keeping in touch with friends.  Out of all my friends from my childhood (grade school, high school, extracurricular activities, etc.) I am only still in contact with one of them.  I wish I would have stayed in contact with more because it seems so much harder to make friends once you're an adult.

5.  I can do eat more than my hubby.  After dinner, he looks over at my plate and says, "You really ate all of that?!" as if I was some kind of monster.  Then a couple hours later... I'm eating more.

6.  I've been divorced.  It's really not a secret, but I don't think I've ever mentioned it on my blog before.  Maybe one of these days, I'll tell the story... or maybe not.  It's not something I really enjoy rehashing.

7.  I love my kitty, Maggie, but sometimes I really miss my puppy.  Unfortunately, I lost my dog in my divorce.  It probably doesn't help that my cat actually likes my husband more than she likes me.  It means the world to me every time she curls up in my lap and snuggles me.

8.  I'm slightly OCD.  When I'm adjusting the radio volume or TV volume, it must be on an even number.  Same with the AC... it has to be either an even number or a multiple of five... don't even think about adjusting the temperature to seventy-three degrees!

9.  I have baby fever!  I have a ton of friends and family who are having babies and every time I see a baby, my heart melts.  I just want to hold them for hours!  And don't even get my started on tiny baby clothes... so adorable!  Someday, we will have our own family, but until then, I will just have to cuddle and love on my friend's babies.

10.  I really want to have a creative side.  As an accountant, let's be honest, I don't scream creative.  I'm not really sure how to decorate my house or accessorize an outfit.  Pinterest is amazing because it allows me to pretend!

So there ya go... ten secrets you may or may not have known about me!  Lauren and Tiffany... thanks for the awesome link-up.  Can't wait for next week!

3 comments:

Julie

I think I might do this...I'll have to play catch up but I just might :)

Lauren {at} Life.Love.Lauren

Thank you for linking up! It was fun! I also eat more than my husband.

Tiffany @ Austin Family Diary

Welcome to the baby fever club :) I think I've been the President for the past year...lol. We do the same thing when people come over--it's a mad dash to pick up the house. Thanks so much for linking up--can't wait to read your nine loves next week!

Post a Comment