CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Pages

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Show and Tell Monday (on Tuesday) - Weddings!



1. Are you married? If so when did you get married, and tell us about your special day. If not? How would you describe your dream wedding?
Yes I am…  To the most amazing man I’ve ever met!  We just got married April 22, 2012.  We went back and forth on whether to do a big or small wedding, but we finally decided we didn’t want a huge wedding, so we planned a destination wedding.  We invited our immediate family and headed to Cocoa Beach, Florida.  We had an evening wedding on the beach.  The day was absolutely perfect and we really got to focus on the two of us rather than stressing about what was going on.

2. Show us some wedding pictures. Either yours or of some that you love.







3. How about the engagement? Tell us your story. If not engaged, what's your dream proposal?
Justin planned a weekend away for us {when we were both living in separate cities} for our one year anniversary.  So we headed to St. Louis for the weekend.  He got us the presidential suite at one of the nicest hotels downtown.  The second day there, Justin sent me to the spa for a massage and a manicure and pedicure.  It was absolutely wonderful!  While I was being pampered, Justin met up with my dad {without my knowledge} to ask for my hand in marriage.  That evening, he took me out for dinner.  After ordering drinks and appetizers {he told me he just couldn't wait any longer} he got down on one knee and asked me to marry him.  I, of course, said YES!  After dinner, we went to my parents' house and shared the news with everyone.  It was a wonderful weekend and a perfect night!

4. Show us your wedding rings or an engagement photo! If not engaged/married ... show us your "dream" ring.
I love my ring!  My hubby did a great job picking it out {and I didn't help at all}...


5. Tell us why you think marriage doesn't work out for so many? What can we do to make things last.
I'm one of those people whose marriage just didn't work out.  My first marriage only lasted a little over a year.  There were a lot of reasons why it didn't work.  He didn't treat me right.  I was young and stupid.  Neither of us knew what we were really getting into and we weren't in love.  We had been together so long it just seemed like the next step... obviously that was a mistake.

I'm older now and not quite so stupid... which is definitely a plus.  And my husband is an honest man who knows how to treat me right.  We both know that our marriage isn't always going to be easy, but we've made a promise to always love each other and to have open communication.  I think that communication is definitely the most important part of a relationship.

0 comments:

Post a Comment