CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Pages

Friday, March 8, 2013

Eighteen Week Bump-date




How Far Along:
Eighteen Weeks (March 7, 2013)

Symptoms:
I have the appetite of a football team!  I am constantly eating and I can't stop myself!  My boobs are huge (thank goodness for new bras).  My lower back is starting to hurt, and - according to my coworkers - I am starting to waddle.  Once I'm asleep, it's great, but falling asleep is getting harder.  Really, I honestly feel so lucky because so far I haven't had any horrible symptoms.  So if this is the worst of it, I'll be happy!

Weight Gain:
15.5 pounds... still not happy with this number.  Based on my weight chart I'm keeping, about 5 of those are from the Christmas holiday that I never really got rid of... plus as you saw above, my appetite is crazy!  I'll be lucky if I don't look like a blimp before this is over.

Baby Facts:
Baby is getting so big!  (S)he is about 5.5 inches long from head to butt and weighs almost 7 ounces!  She or he is flexing arms and legs.  And baby is starting to yawn!  How totally cute is that to picture?!  Hopefully we catch a yawn on the ultrasound next week.  Baby's hearing is also developing and baby might actually hear my heartbeat, tummy rumbles, hiccups, and talks with daddy.


Movements:
I'm definitely starting to feel baby move.  I absolutely love feeling little baby kicks, punches, and rolls.  I try and get baby to move more often because it just makes me smile.  I'm sure in a few months, when baby is kicking me in the ribs in the middle of the night, I'm going to be singing a different tune... but for now, I'm going to enjoy every flutter.

Gender Predictions:
I'm still up in the air and go back and forth.  Several people have told me boy.  Justin was convinced it's a boy, but the other day he told me he thought it might be a girl.  Only 6 more days until we know for sure {assuming baby works with the ultrasound tech... please please please cooperate!}

Food Cravings:
Cheetos Puffs!  I've been eating them like they're going out of style.

Food Aversions:
Still no real aversions... like I said, I was super picky before.

Mommy is Feeling:
Great!  I can't believe that I am already almost half way through this pregnancy.

Daddy is Feeling:
Not so great... daddy broke his tooth a week or two ago and had to get a root canal.  He goes back next week to get a crown.

Highlights this Week:
I've been working on a blankie for baby.  It's almost half way done so far!  The first one I'm doing is a neutral blanket that I'm hoping gets passed down through all my kids.  I'm going to make a second blanket for baby that is more gender specific that will be specifically for baby to keep forever.

Excited For:
My new La-Z-Boy glida-recliner is being delivered tomorrow afternoon!  I can't wait to see how it looks.

Our anatomy scan next week!  I still can't believe that in 6 short days, we will know if this little baby inside of me is our sweet little girl or our rambunctious little boy.  We will be spending the evening after the scan baking cake balls for us to take to work to reveal the gender.

Other:
A couple weeks ago, my friend and I went to paint pottery with our Groupons.  I decided to paint baby a cute little bank.  I haven't gotten to see it in person yet, but I'm really looking forward to getting it back next week!

Obviously I have been failing at keeping up with my bump updates.  I kind of forget to blog sometimes.  My life is pretty boring and I can't imagine that people would want to read ... "got up, went to work, came home, had dinner, hung out, went to bed, rinse and repeat."  I'll try and be better about updating more often!

2 comments:

Beth

Awwww...I am so glad everything is going well. How exciting to find out the Sex of the baby! You must come back on here or Sparkpeople and share the awesome news. So happy for you two!!!

Jennifer

You will never get sick of those baby kicks!!! Best feeling better! It's out as fun when they kick you when they are on the outside ;)

Ramblings of a Suburban Mom

Post a Comment