CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Pages

Thursday, May 16, 2013

Twenty-Eight Week Bump-date


How Far Along:
Twenty Eight Weeks (May 16, 2013)

Symptoms:
I think I've started having some Braxton Hicks contractions... I'm still not 100% sure.  I've had some heartburn this week, but nothing too bad.  Still have that tender spot on my back that hurts if I turn a certain way {I know... don't turn that way...}

Baby Facts:
Little man is almost 15" and over 2 pounds!  He can blink his eyes and see light that's coming in through the uterus... we may have to get a flashlight out and play a little bit.  Hopefully he is starting to turn himself around for the big event.

Movements:
I've been starting to feel jabs up high, like under my ribs.  Totally a weird feeling!  He isn't as active as before, but still plenty active.  I'm sure it's starting to get tight in there :)

Gender Predictions:
Baby Boy Atwell... yep, I've got two men in my life now.

Food Cravings or Aversions:
Soft pretzels and brownies from the sundry downstairs at work.  Justin had a tuna salad sandwich the other night and the smell definitely made me turn my nose... not that I ate tuna in the past, but the smell was really getting to me!

Mommy is Feeling:
Tired... I've been having trouble falling asleep lately... and any major movement from dad's side of the bed and I'm awake.  And I'm sure this isn't going to be getting any better as he gets bigger and the area for my bladder gets smaller.

Daddy is Feeling:
I asked Justin how he's feeling about baby and he said "nobody puts baby in a corner"... yeah, that's my husband.  He then said that he's ready!  Ha, if only he knew what he's in for...

Highlights this Week:
I bought our first box of diapers and wipes... lol.  Who would think that would be a highlight?  Okay, its not really, but its fun to start getting ready for baby.

I got my invite for our baby shower!  It's a little less than a month away and I am so excited to see all my family and friends get together to celebrate the soon-to-be arrival of our little boy.

Excited For:
Our last piece of furniture should be coming in soon, so it should all be delivered... hopefully by the end of the month!  Can't wait to set up the nursery :)

Next week, we're heading to Ohio to visit my sister and her family.  I'm really looking forward to seeing them all and hanging out with my little niece (28 months) and nephew (8 months).  I saw a picture of them recently and they're getting so big!  Plus, she has some baby stuff for me.

We're getting a 3D/4D ultrasound in just two weeks!  Can't wait to see what little man is going to look like.

Other:
I have my glucose test today... so hopefully I pass!  I also have to have blood work done and I have to get my rhoGAM shot since I'm Rh-negative... so lots of needles.  Not looking forward to it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment