CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Pages

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Bloggers 411



I'm linking up today with From Mrs. to Mama for her Bloggers 411.

Becky explains this as a way to "re-introduce myself again on the blog. Really give you the information all in one post. The 411. The bloggy bff run-down. The basics. The nitty gritty fun stuff."

Feel free to join in and link-up!


1. How long have you been blogging? And what got you started on blogging? Has your blog changed?
I had a blog a long time ago... but nothing that I kept up with on a regular basis.  I started blogging regularly just a few weeks ago.  I have several friends that blog and I really enjoy reading blogs, so I thought I would give it a try.  I'm still getting the hang of it, but so far, I've been enjoying it.  Plus, I think it will be fun to have the blog to look back on.


2. Did you go to college? If so where, and what did you study?
Yes... I did go to college.  I went to Southwest Missouri State University in Springfield, Missouri.  I didn't really study all that much... lol.  But I did get my bachelors of science in accounting and then continued on to get my masters of accountancy. {hence my horrible sense of humor}


3. Where have you traveled?
I wouldn't say I'm much of a traveler... but I still think I've got a decent list.  Here's an idea of some of the places I've been...
  • British Isles {Ireland, Scotland, England, Whales}
  • Mexico {Cancun, Reynosa}
  • Florida {Cocoa Beach, Destin, Orlando}
  • Colorado
  • Los Angeles, California
  • Las Vegas, Nevada
  • Columbus, Ohio
  • Washington, D.C. {several times}
  • East Coast {New York City, Philedelphia, Atlantic City}
  • Detroit, Michigan
  • Milwaukee, Wisconsin
  • Beloit, Wisconsin
  • Chicago, Illinois
  • Texas {San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Galveston}
Plus I've been on tons of camping trips from Missouri to Tennessee to West Virginia.  I love travelling and its something my husband and I hope to continue to do.


4. If you won the lottery, what would be the first thing you would buy?
Justin and I have actually talked about this recently. {when there was a huge powerball and we were convinced we were going to win} Justin joked that the first thing we would do is pay off the house we still own in Springfield and then burn it to the ground.  I told him I'd rather donate it to some charity that could use it... ha ha.  Honestly, the first "purchase" would be a financial planner to help figure out what to do along with some kind of estate planning.  I know we'd buy a house and probably a new car for each of us.  And we both agreed we'd give some of it to our families.  Then we'd invest it and start a college fund for our future children.... now I just need to win!


5. What are your 3 biggest pet peeves?
  1. People who can't drive.  Is it that hard to speed up or stay out of the fast lane?  Or how about using a turn signal every once in a while?  And quit honking at me when you cut me off!
  2. Bathroom etiquette.  Guys, put the seat down.  How hard is it to change the roll of toilet paper when its empty?  Flush when you're done and if you pee on the seat, have the courtesy to wipe it up!
  3. Waiting in lines.  Have you even been at the grocery store, waiting in line, and the person in front of you waits until everything has been scanned and bagged before they realize they're going to pay with a check and start digging in their purse to find said checkbook?  Have it ready!  And if you forgot something, don't make me wait while you run through the store looking for what you need.
Okay... those are really just the most recent pet peeves I've had.  I'm sure I have a ton more, but that will do for now.


6. What is your favorite movie?
I'm not sure I have a favorite.  If you send me to pick out a movie, be prepared for a romantic comedy. {chick flicks rock} I'm definitely a fan of The Little Mermaid and basically anything Disney.


7. What is your drink of choice; wine, beer, or liquor. Or Water, Soda, Tea?
Most of the day, I drink water.  At night, with dinner, I drink Diet Sunkist.  When I'm out with friends for drinks, I prefer frozen girlie drinks, like strawberry daiquiris.  I don't drink wine or beer (can't stand the taste) or coffee or tea (for the same reason).


8. What is something you enjoy to do when you have me time?
Well, normally during me time, I'm enjoying one of my wonderful shows.  But when I'm not watching TV {or, actually, while I'm watching}, I enjoy to knit and crochet.  I've made several baby blankets and I know several more soon-to-be mommies that I will be knitting for in the next few months.  I'm also starting to pick up reading again.  I forgot how relaxing it could be.


9. If you could have a $10,000 shopping spree to one store, which store would it be?
Can I get around this question by saying "the mall"?  No?  Okay... that's a hard one.  Part of me wants to spend it all on clothes.  Then the other part of me wants to spend it on household things.  I guess I can get a mix of both worlds with a store like Target... so lets go with that.  Besides, every time I go to Target, I can easily spend $100, so it'd be good to get to spend for free.


10. Share with us an embarrassing moment of your past? Or present.
Today, I was at zumba, and I tripped over my own feet and almost fell into the instructor.  Okay, maybe it doesn't sound embarrassing, but I sure felt embarrassed!  At least we all laughed about it.

Okay... you want to know something else that's embarrassing?  I sucked my thumb until the age of twelve.  So embarrassing to admit, but it's true!  I finally quit when my family decided to move far away. {well at least to twelve-year-old me, it was really only about ten to fifteen miles} I wasn't about to start at a new school with all new people still sucking my thumb, so I quit cold turkey.


11. What day would you love to relive again?
I know it sounds cheesy, but my wedding day.  Yes, it was only about 3 months ago, but that day was absolutely amazing.  The look on Justin's face was perfect and I couldn't stop smiling... my cheeks actually hurt.  I'm so glad I have it on DVD so I can watch it over and over again.


12. If your life was turned into a movie... what actor would play you?
I have no idea... maybe Ann Hathaway.  I've always liked her and she seems kind of goofy and awkward like me.


13. What are the jobs you had in high school/college/the early years?
My first real job was at DSW Shoe Warehouse.  I did a little of everything... cleaning, sales associate, cashier.  When I went to college, I worked on campus at the front desk of the dorm.  That was probably my  most interesting job.  I spent evenings at the front desk and enjoyed watching drunk people come home.  Also during college, I worked at Lowe's Home Improvement.  I learned a lot about home improvement!


14. Show us a picture from high school or college.
Second from Right - Senior Year - High School {2001}
Middle - Sophomore Year - College {2003}
Left - Senior Year - College {2005}


15. If you could travel anywhere in the world, all expenses paid, where would you go?
Turtle Island. {check it out} It's this little island resort in Fiji that is home to only 14 couples at one time.  Each couple gets their own private beach.  It sounds absolutely wonderful.


16. Show us the most current picture of you or you and your family.
This is the hubby and I from a few weeks ago when we were at the St. Louis Cardinal's baseball game.


17. Where do you see your life 5 years from now?
Five years from now?  Let's see.  Well I'm probably going to win that lottery you mentioned earlier, so see above comment.  Okay... honestly, here's what I'm hoping.  I want to be living in a house that my hubby and I own. {and not the one I own in Springfield} Hopefully, in five years, we'll have at least one child and maybe another one on the way.  Not really sure one the career front.  I would love to be a stay-at-home mom, but that may not be realistic financially.  I could definitely see myself at the same company I'm at now, hopefully with a promotion and a raise.  Really, I just want to be happy.


So there you have it... seventeen questions to give you the four-one-one on me.  Hope you enjoyed... now link up and let me know a little more about you!

2 comments:

Lauren {at} Life.Love.Lauren

I agree with you on the people that can't drive! Winning the lottery in 5 years would be great! Let's do it!!

Julie

See, Justin's mirroring what I have been saying for years - just burn that d'mn house down and be done with it! ;)

Post a Comment